703C – 18
TOUR & TRAVEL MANAGEMENT
UNIT – 1
- Organized Travel Defining Tourist & Tourism viz: inbound, outbound, domestic, maintenance of tourism products, Alternative tourism, Mass tourism, Special Interest Tourism.
- Tourism Products & their characteristics
- Itinerary Development Introduction, meaning and definition, types of itineraries, how to develop an effective itinerary, functions of tour managers and planning tools for an itinerary.
UNIT – 2
- Tour Packaging Management Concept, Origin and development of Tour Packaging,
- Types of Tour, Component of a Standard Package Tour,
- Factors affecting Tour Formulation, Tour Designing Process, Significance of Package Tour, Tour Brochure.
UNIT – 3
- Travel Agency Marketing, Marketing Concept, unique features of Travel Marketing, Significance of Travel Agency Marketing,
- Developing a Tour Marketing Plan, Marketing Strategy of Inbound & Outbound tours.
UNIT – 4